Tuesday, September 4, 2012

ODBDSLC121 - Stitches Again

Hi Everyone...Welcome to my blog world, and all who enter in be blessed!!

This week we continue our "You leave me in stitches" Challenge, for one more week, but we girls made another sample...

ODBDSLC121 *2nd week* of "You Leave Me in Stitches" - September

Hello all!!  I hope everyone in the USA has had the opportunity to enjoy the holiday weekend.  For many it is the last hurrah before school begins, for others school already begun.  Since many go away for Labor Day weekend in the USA, we extended the "You Keep Me in Stitches" challenge to give our viewers ample time to play along.  The linky is the same as last week's so you can add your creation on either post.  Today the team would like to share more samples for this challenge.



This is the set I chose to use:





This is my card for the 2nd week challenge...
  


I made this card for my Hubby's Birthday,  for the challenge, and its a card sketch also at SCS...





 I Love this lantern, its so homey, and hubby figured we have one around our farm somewhere just like this...now we have to hunt in our put away's to find it...





 Again..we did another week with the stitching, and I chose faux stitching, (which I am poor at, my white gel pen was not working properly, so my white thread was a little uneven....super excuse for a new sewing machine....lol
Also I did two of the lantern, cut one out and popped it on top of the other with Foam Tape, but it doesn't show the depth to the picture.

Recipe: 
ODBD Stamp Sets Used: The Light of Life, & Birthday Blessings
Paper: Copic Ex-press it, SU Marina Blue, soft blue DSP, WW, 
Ink: Copics, Stazon Black, 
Accessories: Punch Kit, White Gel Pen, Marina Blue Marker, blue pearls, Foam Tape, Liquid Glue, & Love!



For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my CT sisters:

   



Thanks for stopping by!! We hope you will join us for this week's challenge.  We can't wait to see your creation!!

Blessings & Hugs
Jan








7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Jan!! I just love your stitching, all the blue, and your gorgeous coloring. Beautifully done!!!
hugs,
Chris

kathi17 said...

I love the stitching on your card Jan, it looks beautiful to me!

That stamp and your coloring are beautiful too, I bet your husband really appreciated all the love and work you put into it.

Saints Rule! said...

What a fabulous birthday card, Jan! I'm sure he will treasure it! Gosh, where do I begin? I love the rich colors... your coloring is spot on! It almost looks like the lantern is glowing! Beautifully done! Blessings...

Lori

Jan Marie said...

You lit up my day. . .with your beautiful card and super-duper coloring! Love your faux stitching, too! Hugs and blessings!

Kathy said...

Perfect image for a masculine birthday, Jan! Lovely coloring and faux stitching! I'm sure your hubby loved it! Blessings! Kathy

Rosemary said...

your card is absolutely fantastic, jan... the coloring is gorgeous!! what a beautiful card for your hubby!! hugs!

Marlena M. said...

I love all the stitching here~fantastic card Jan!