Thursday, November 15, 2012

Time With Jan



Hello friends!!!  I hope your November is off to a great start!  I know mine seems to be flying by!  I do hope that this year, we can avoid the hustle and bustle of the holiday seasons and take time to focus on the blessings our Lord has so bountifully heaped upon us!

To get you in the mood to get some Christmas cards created, today we are spending time with our talented and ever so sweet Jan Keen.  She has a great technique to share with you that I think you will agree is just beautiful.... so sit back and enjoy...


Faux Marble Tutorial
Hi Everyone I have real easy tutorial on Faux marble Backgrounds .  It can be done in any colour combination desired!


Step One: 

These are the items Needed:
White CS, 
3 colours of ink..I used Tim Holyz Distress, of Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood, and & Stormy Sky.
Inkssentials Sponging brush, (I have a magnet on mine to hang on my canning shelf, in front of my work table)


Step 2
 
 Scrunch your little piece of white card stock all up....like your going to make a ball for the cat to play with...lol


Step 3
Then I smooth it out a bit...like this...and...


Step 4 
 

Then I start adding the distress inks in a swirlly motion with the sponge brush....I started here with the lightest....






and added more




 Until I got the desired effect of what I liked....One can add more or less, two colours, 3 or more...play with it...its fun...

Step 5
 Then I lay the paper face down on a piece scrap paper, and iron it flat....

 This is the result...and from here you can make your card...and decorate with it as you please.....


This is the card I made with my Faux marble BG







  



 This is the ODBD Set I chose to use: Warm Wishes
 

Now its your turn to come and play...and have fun trying this tutorial!!


Blessings and Hugs 
Jan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, this is lovely and I think the card is gorgeous! I appreciate the step by step with photos because I am a visual learner and that helps me so much! Great job on the tutorial and a beautiful end result. -Mary R. (mrager8996@charter.net)

Unknown said...

Jan I must say that was very well done in fact we can say excellent. I can almost guarantee I will try it before the weekend. I have just acquired my first 3 pack of Tim Holtz distress ink so I'm ready.
It was exceedingly kind of you to post this for us. Thank you. Carole

Алексровер Анна said...

Thank you for a little master class! And a great result- frosen card!;)