Tuesday, December 4, 2012

ODBDSLC133 - A Sketch

Good Morning Every One....Blessing and Welcome to my  world!!

This week our challenge is....

 
Is a Sketch!!


To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize$15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for thprize must be submitted by Sunday, December 9th at 8 p.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. 

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants  for the  Shining the Light Award . In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday,  December 9th at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC133.  When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.


And here is my take on the challenge...
  
This is such a fun set of ornaments to work with...I just love these Cardinals....




I also did a set with the  Doves


and a close up


There is also a set of Chickadees... I enjoyed this sketch...was fun to work with...

Recipe:
Stamps: ODBD Cardinal & Dove Ornaments, Pinecones
Paper: White, DSP, Sparkle DSP, Copic Express it,
Ink: Memento Black, Copics,
Accessories: Spellbinders Ovals, & Classic Ovals, Liquid Applique for snow, ribbon string, Liquid Glue, Foam Tape, Glue gun, & Love!


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my CT sisters:


Guest designer:
    


Thanks for stopping by!! 
We hope you will join us for this week's challenge.  We can't wait to see your creation!!

Blessings & Hugs
Jan

11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are absolutely stunning Jan!! I love the traditional holiday colors, the sparkle and your gorgeous coloring of the birds. Perfect take on the sketch!!
Have a blessed day!!
hugs,
Chris

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful Jan! Your coloring is so lifelike... I swear I can hear those lovely cardinals singing! What a lovely compilation of traditional colors, classic lines and your festive touch! Beautifully done! Hugs and blessings...

Lori

Robin said...

I saw your card on the challenge site and just had to tell you how beautiful these cardinals are. Everything about this card is just gorgeous! Your second card is just gorgeous too! You have given me quite an inspiration. Hugs, Robin

Rosemary said...

beautiful cards, jan... the coloring of the images is absolute perfection and the glitter papers just really makes everything shine! hugs!

Kathy said...

Both card are beautiful, Jan! I love these ornaments stamps, especially the cardinals. Blessings! Kathy

Алексровер Анна said...

So fresh and colourful cards! They bring a feeling of joy and happyness! Love both of them!!!!
Best wishes for Jan from Russia, Moscow!

kathi17 said...

Both cards are beautiful Jan. I love these stamp sets. I got the bundle, but the cardinal is on back order. (I'm glad though, because that means a lot of people bought it, and that's good for ODBD)!

I love your sparkly paper, and the background on the cardinal card is gorgeous.

I guess I'm really excited about cardinals today because they are very rare here. I've had one pair for a year now, and this morning I looked out the window and there were two pairs out there! The two males don't like each other though, and are constantly chasing each other. The two females are better behaved. I'm so glad I started buying fancy bird seed. :-)

Jan Marie said...

Wow. . .both are so bright and festive. . and so detailed! Love your coloring and choice of papers!! Glittery, shimmery works of art! Blessings!

Karen Letchworth said...

SO beautiful, as always Jan. I hope that you will consider stopping by again this week at Word Art Wednesday to play along with us. We have two amazing sponsors (Really Reasonable Ribbon and Paper Sweeties) and we'd LOVE having you join in the fun.
Hope to see you there.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Jo Ann said...

What an awesome Christmas card with the traditional colors...The lay-out and the details are wonderful. Thanks for blessing us this week with your lovely project. Hugs always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty Christmas card!