Friday, January 25, 2013

Butterfly Haven

Hi Everyone...Blessings to all who enter here....

I have a new card to display...its for the Twisted Sisters Challenge...

......which is to make a card using 3 layers, and the layers must be 3 different shapes...

Right up my alley...I love layers, and different shapes...whoo hoo..

This is my card:


Teens like bright and wilds....so I stuck to that....to my eye it looks busy..But I love this DSP...the colours look teenish...




 There is at least 3 layers maybe 4...Spellbinders branch set was used for the branches to nest my horde of little butterflies...





  My butterflies didn't want to be too bold... the birds like the bright delicious ones....so they stayed pastelish....but they like their home in the branches...

Recipe: Stamp set used: ODBD Birthday Blessings
Paper: Heavy CS, DSP, White, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Melon, Bermuda Bay, Memento Black, 
Accessories: Spellbinders Fancy Hexagons, Cherry Lynn Flourish Die, MS Butterfly Punch, White sheer ribbon (two different kinds), Liquid Pearls, Foam tape, Liquid Glue, Glue Gun, & Love!

Thanks for looking...comment are very much welcomed

Blessings & Hugs

Jan


3 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

This is beautiful. Love the Spellbinders hexagons and the fantastic little butterflies.

JD/ Jill said...

I'm a layer person too, Jan, It's harder for me to make a CAS card. but I want to learn...Less postage...LOL. Yes, I think teens like color, and they like things that are interesting and new...and I think you hit all of those with this card...

Audrey Hiltke said...

This is so fun Jan! That paper is so fun, and really adds to your design. Love all the layers and wonderful colors - your sponging is perfect! Love those little pastelish butterflies too :)!
Hugs,
Audrey